Thursday 22 January 2009

New Books - Green Crafts For Children and more

My new book arrived off Ebay today. Ellie and I saw this in Hobbycraft on Christmas Eve but couldnt really afford to get it so I've been looking out for it on ebay ever since.



There are some great projects in there and it has inspired me so I dont think its just for children.

Also whats really great for us lot is there is a lot of CK used in the styling of the photos.








This project is about making puppets out of old t shirts.

You can get Jersey T shirts so cheap in charity shops so I will be looking out for some in great designs - I only normally buy cotton to use in my projects and have left some great t shirts on the rack.














I love these fairy pictures - notice the CK star fabric on the lamp - lovely - might just have to paint a lamp base red after seeing this picture.














I love these beautiful pebble stones - can't help thinking that they look a lot like CK cottage.

Andrew took the kids out for a bracing walk over the Christmas hols and said it was ok till Ellie started filling the rucksack with all the great pebbles she found ready to complete these.

It was this picture that we really loved when we looked at the book on Christmas Eve.




I'll post some pictures of our crafts - I'm hoping we might get chance to do some together on Saturday if the boys go fishing.



Also decided to pop to Laura Ashley this morning as we put red gingham under the glass on our coffee table for Christmas to make it look more festive - I've kept it for a while but it does look a bit out of place so I decided to get some of the natural to replace it with.

Whilst at the checkout I noticed the new catalogue is out !! Yippee

I love to look through the catalogue and dream about what I would have if I won the lottery - they have some great new fabrics and a beautiful new rose bedding that is very Cath Kidston.

I'm off now to have a really good look through my new books !!

Thanks for all your comments on the last post - my blue project is coming on nicely but it isnt quite ready for its catwalk just yet.

11 comments:

Poppy said...

I had a look at that craft book it looks really good, I think I might get it, my niece would love to make some of those things, I would love to know how you get on with it!
A least I know I did not offend you with my tag, probably best I don’t do any more… ;0)
Love Lou xxx

MelMel said...

What a lovely thought, I'll wait here on Friday...just incase!
Tea or coffee!?

Your such a sweetie!xxx

MelMel said...

Hello my dear, just popped over from thrifty....I'm so sorry to hear that you have been feeling ill....xxxx

Shsjndkdns said...

Hi Sara,
That is a very good idea about registering other family members, I never thought of that! Your new book looks fab - I thought the pebble cottages were made of fabric at first glance. Looking forward to seeing your projects xx Gem

The sewing room said...

Hi just found you we started blogging pretty much the same time,l love your new book and your blogg.
Best wishes Pat

Taz said...

I have that book on my shelf just not but mine is from the library. It's a great wee book. :)

Hollypop's said...

Looks like a great book, look forward to seeing the results. A new Laura Ashley catalogue to look at too, haven't seen one of those for ages.
Enjoy your books (with a nice cup of tea and a biscuit!)
Take care.
Nickyx

MelMel said...

I think your fantastic....xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Thanks for showing us the book, it looks good. I have to admit I'm usually completely put off by things labelled "green" but that looks fab.

Must ask LA to send me the catalogue though they always seem very hit and miss!

Mel xxx

Poppy said...

Every time I went into a shop that sold them I would throw a paddy, it worked in the end my husband could take no more and gave in.
I’ve had it a few years now, I love it and I use it a lot, how mean of them not to send you one!!!

Have a lovely weekend…Lou xxxx

Greedy Nan said...

I'm trying to economise but love the look of your new book - might try the library ... unless you want to lend me yours already ...